Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Colorado Adventure!

Hello! It's Tuesday & that means if you are reading this you should already know what happened on the finale of The Bachelorette last night. So let me just say...

CONGRATS TO KAITLYN & SHAWN!


bachelorette-finale-2015-kaitlyn-bristowe-shawn-booth-12

Although Ben H. is my favorite guy from this season (Ben H. for Bachelor!), I liked Shawn right from the beginning, because it was easy to tell that Kaitlyn really liked him (she says it was "love at first sight.") Although I don't agree with everything that Kaitlyn did this season, (I never agree with a lot of what they do on the Bachelor -- date 25 people at once, fantasy suite, etc.) I am happy that she made a decision that is right for her. Also, you can't deny that they are one good lookin' couple! 

I wish them the best & really hope they get married soon (on ABC preferably)!


Ok, back to my Colorado adventure. Last week I returned from a two week trip to Fort Collins, Colorado. Every two years, Cru, the ministry I work for, holds a conference for all 5,000+ staff in the U.S. to attend. Yes, it's as overwhelming (& as awesome) as it sounds. We spent most of our time on the Colorado State University campus attending large sessions in the arena, but I also got a chance to explore Fort Collins & Estes Park when we had some down time. 

I had never been to Colorado, but it was more beautiful than I ever thought it would be. I had seen pictures of friends hiking and such, but pictures don't really do it justice. If you ever have the chance, go to Colorado! You won't be disappointed! 



These are my people. Seriously, some of my best friends are in this picture! So thankful we are on staff together! 



Love these ladies so much! 



This picture was taken before we grabbed dinner in downtown Fort Collins. We ate at a build-your-own burger place called Stuft Burger Bar (click the link to check it out.) It was delicious! 

On our free day on Sunday we decided to hike in the beautiful Estes Park.



If you know me, you know that I'm not always the most adventerous person, but my friends bring out my adventerous side & who could pass up hiking in this beautiful scenery? 

 

This is my best friend. Her name is Jacque & she loves me so well! I'm often the third wheel to her & her husband, Jake. :)


Showing off our Wisconsin Badger pride everywhere we go! :)


One can never take too many selfies while hiking in Colorado! This is another one of my besties, Alison. 


This group shot was taken at our final destination in Estes -- at Bear Lake. Isn't it gorgeous?! It's even better in person! 

All of the pictures I shared were actually taken on my friends' phones, because my phone decided to stop working for a few days while I was in Colorado. (I was devastated!) It was working the day after our hike, but I'm glad it was pretty well documented! 

I'm not an expert on hiking or Colorado by any means, but if you have any questions about my trip, or about my ministry with Cru, let me know!

Have a great Tuesday!





0 comments:

Post a Comment