Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: One Tree Hill Obsession

Hey, it's Thursday! Which means it's almost Friday! Woo hoo!



Today, I'm throwing it back to my middle & high school (& some college) days! 


This past weekend there was a convention and reunion (the 2nd one they've had) for one of my main obsessions during middle school -- the TV show One Tree Hill.


One Tree Hill was on for 9 seasons, and I watched almost every single episode the day it aired. That's 9 years of dedication to a show which spanned from 8th grade until my senior year of college! Over the last year I've gone back and watched the entire series on Netflix & I would say it is still my favorite tv series ever! 


Tyler Hilton, instagram

Here's a picture from one of the reunions of the cast of One Tree Hill. Seeing this picture (& others on Instagram) had me feeling all kinds of nostalgic. 


One Tree Hill Cast


The show came out in the fall of my 8th grade year. If I'm being honest with you I was literally obsessed with this show. Like crazy. So crazy that I'm almost embarrassed to share, but I'm gunna be real. I was so obsessed that I would go home almost every day & watch that week's episode of OTH on recorded VCR over & over again while I did my homework. Yes, I realize how crazy & how embarrassing that is now...eeeek. 




Another embarrassing 8th grade story... There was an assignment to write a poem to read in front of the class & I decided to write the poem about James Lafferty (who plays Nathan). I think about that right now & am SO embarrassed for myself, but I proudly stood in front go my 8th grade English class as I read a poem I wrote about an actor that I was "in love" with. I die laughing just thinking about it --- ugh so weird! Haha! 




One of the main reasons that I love the show so much is because of the best couple in the history of TV shows -- Nathan & Haley! (Any other Naley fans out there?!)

Yes, they got married in high school which is totally unrealistic, but the hopeless romantic in me loved it! I highly dislike all of the episodes that they are separated & I usually just skip past those ones. :) 




Other One Tree Hill memories include...

//Going to Chicago with my mom & sister to see the One Tree Hill Tour at the House of Blues//

//Having everything OTH including t-shirts, pillowcases, books & giant wall poster//

//Visiting the set of One Tree Hill in small town Wilmington, NC the summer before my junior year of college// 




Me on the famous OTH Rivercourt. All of the filming of the show was done in the small town of Wilmington, NC. This meant that fans could visit the set & filming locations all over the town. This is one reason the show had so many dedicated fans -- because you could interact with the stars & locations of the show, something that is impossible if a show is filmed on a sound stage in L.A. 





In front of "Karen's Cafe" & "Clothes Over Bros." Although my crazy crazy obsession with the show ended once I entered high school, I was still a huge fan of the show throughout high school and college (& now! :)) 


I hope you've enjoyed this Throwback Thursday look into the heart of crazy 8th grade me!

Are you a One Tree Hill fan? Let me know your favorite episode/scene in the comments below! I know I'm not the only fan out there :)


If you haven't seen the show, obviously I highly recommend watching it on Netflix. I warning you now, it's hard to stop watching once you start! 



Happy, happy Thursday! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment