Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Weekend Recap: Wisconsin Dells!




Hello! Happy Tuesday! 

Sorry I didn't have a chance to post yesterday since I was still in the Wisconsin Dells with my family. Today, I am sharing my weekend (& Monday, I guess :)) recap with you from my overnight in Wisconsin Dells. 


Friday & Saturday I felt super sick, I'm not sure how I got sick, but it was pretty bad. I rested up both days in hopes that I would feel better in time to leave for the Dells. Luckily, I woke up on Sunday morning feeling pretty much back to normal. 

Sunday morning we loaded up the car and made the drive from Racine to Wisconsin Dells, about 2.5 hours. My sister, Amanda was driving from Madison to meet us in the Dells. 


Mom & I ready for the road trip.


Clearly we needed an entire pan of krispie treats. I don't even eat them, but my nieces LOVE Grandma Mary's homemade krispie treats! 



These three squeezed in the back! After 2.5 hours & a lunch stop at Culvers, we arrived! 



Wilderness Logo


We stayed at the Wilderness Resort. We've stayed here multiple times before & have always been pleased. The nicest part is you can only go to the waterparks at the Wilderness if you are staying at the resort. Other hotels let outside people come in & pay just to play at the waterpark so they are usually WAY more crowded. 





I thought the flowers outside the lobby were really beautiful so I snapped a picture :)



The waiting line to check into our room was not so pretty. It took 35 minutes to wait in line. I'm guessing because it was a Sunday in August (The height of their busy season.)




While mom & I stood in line, these three & aunt Amanda waited patiently. Once we got our room, we headed right to the waterpark! 



 

The Wilderness actually has over 8 different waterparks, both indoor & outdoor. Over the two days we probably went to 5 of them. Funny thing is, we didn't go on any rides. We mostly just swam in the bigger pool areas. We also played in a few of the kiddie areas. All of the waterparks are clean & not too crowded. 



After swimming for a few hours, we went back to our room & got ready for dinner. 

We ate at Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. We had never eaten there before, but we had heard good things about it & it was one of the most popular restaurants for families in the Dells. 



They bring Moose ears for the entire table to wear & we definitely obliged! 




We ended up ordering pizza & it was pretty delicious! I would definitely go back, the atmosphere and service was great as well. 

After dinner everyone was tired, so we headed back to our hotel to watch some TV and relax. 





The next morning these three were up & ready for more swimming! They were so cute sitting on the bed chatting like cousin besties so I had to snap a pic! I love being their auntie!  




We got ready on Monday morning & went to brunch at Perkins. 




We obviously had to take a picture of both sides of the table ;)





After brunch we went back to the resort & swam our hearts out at our favorite of the outdoor waterparks. We swam until 3pm -- we were too busy to snap many pictures :)




After swimming we headed to Downtown Dells. Some of my best memories from going to the Wisconsin Dells as a kid include exploring the shops and sights downtown. 

Our first stop was at a local candy store & ice cream shop. 


 



We each got to pick out our favorite ice cream flavor! The perfect afternoon snack! 




We explored downtown a little more & we stumbled upon this wishing water fountain. 




We gave each of the girls a penny & told them to throw it in and make a wish!
Ava & Alexis both shared their wishes out loud (Ava: "I wish for a puppy!" Alexis:"I wish for a dolly!") The rest of us kept our wishes to ourselves! ;)




After we walked around downtown, we packed up the car & headed home! 

It was such a fun overnight trip! Growing up, we went to the Dells every summer & I'm excited that the tradition has continued with my nieces. So thankful I get to experience it with them!




Have a great day loves! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment