Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Event Design: Bookclub

Happy Tuesday y'all! 

Sorry I have been m.i.a. from the blog for the last few days. I just wanted to take a little break from blogging, but I'm so happy to be back today!

Today, I'm going to share a little event I put together for my mom and her friends yesterday.

For years my mom has been part of a bookclub with some of her best friends. They switch off hosting each month & this month it was my mom's turn to host. My mom asked if I would help her put the lunch & details together & of course I'm game for anything that allows me to design an event! 



We set up the dining room table -- we don't eat here much, only on Christmas usually. :)
The china is my grandma's vintage china, but it totally looks like it could be sold today. The napkins were a good deal at Party City -- they come in several colors. 



I used a little twine to tie the napkins & it added a cute little touch. 



Leaving Time





The book the bookclub read this month, "Leaving Time," has an elephant theme, so my mom bought these cute place card holders. I typed up the place cards using one of my favorite fonts. 







I bought the flowers at my local grocery store & arranged them all myself. They don't always have the best flower selection, but I was lucky enough to find these beauties! I love the way the arrangements turned out! 



This chalkboard was hand lettered by my sister, Amanda. 








The salad bar for lunch turned out great! It was delicious! 


It was so fun to design this little event! My mom & her friends had a great time!


Have a great Tuesday! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment